The Capogrossi Terrace, on the last floor of the Confindustria Palace, takes its name from the wide black and white mosaic covering its floors, designed by the artist Giuseppe Capogrossi, one of the most important representatives of the Italian informal artistic movement of the 1900s.
The mosaic duplicates an artist’s sketch in which there is his typical comb design since 1950. This area was born as a parking lot but its value was eventually recognized:
-This is, in fact, one of the last pieces of art designed by Capogrossi, who passed away on October 9, 1972;
-The design is an example of applied art, a successful experiment of “arts synthesis”, the result of a long debate which started in the 1930s – and became very intense during the 1960s – about the gathering of all disciplines, especially of architecture and figurative arts.